Friday, January 26, 2007

I Can Now Say "Boring" in Two Languages...

Yep. I've started Spanish. So far....(not to insult anyone)..it stinks.

1) Almost none of my friends are in my class. (I have one, but she's been absent all week.)
2) Everyone else has had a year of Spanish before this, but not me! I'm clueless when it comes to "Espanol".
3) Two words: Assigned Seats
4) Our teacher is nice, but I think she went to fast. Our first day wasn't spent on introductions, it was spent on immediately taking notes.

So, the only part that has been even semi-fun is getting our Spanish names. Mine is "Catalina". Cool, huh? Like the girl from My Name is Earl.

Hmm...well, in other news, I have started writing a book. I've actually gotten far, although it's really weird. It's kind of a mix between a non-fiction "girly" book, Maximum Ride, and Harry Potter. I might post some it later...unluckily for you!

TGIF! I'm off to do some homework, (ick), so I'll write more later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola,
Dos questions:
Did you think to call your friend who's been sick all week and ask how she's doing or offer to help her catch up?
Did you tell your Spanish teacher you did not have any previous exposure to Spanish like the other kids?

Caitlin Summers said...

Jeez. Didn't I just have a conversation about this subject? And didn't someone's answer sound just like this comment?

MOM!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites